Friday, December 4, 2015

Off and On My Needles

img_0260_22835370750_o
I am always happy when I can report that I have completed a knitted item.  I am a very slow knitter.  It doesn’t bother me until feel I should have something done and I don’t.  These socks were started in March but I became sick around April/May and finally wound up in the hospital for half of July and again for a week in August.  Then it took me another few weeks to get back to knitting.  Since these socks were planned as a gift I focused on them and had them ready to gift on time.  I was almost as excited by them as my daughter was.















img_0293_23157806539_o
Meanwhile I had started on these.  I call them my “leftover” socks using the leftovers from earlier socks.  There is no rhyme or reason as to the order of the yarns but next time I may plan first.  I am putting two rows of the black/white between each new yarn.  This has been so fun, especially since all I am doing is knitting a plain stitch over and over.  I think I am about 2 1/2” away from starting the heels. 

I am sharing on Patchwork Times, come check us out.

Hope to see you all next week,  Gari

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I have lots and lots of little balls of leftover sock yarn. I am contemplating some socks like yours.

straythreads said...

Well done on the socks!! glad you are feeling better

sue keida said...

Hello! I am a quilter and knitter but have always been intimidated by sock making- your socks are adorable! I have the needles and the sock yarn......... :)
Sue