Sunday, February 1, 2015

BOMs Design Walls



Last week I showed this block but it was only stuck down, no stitching.  Well he is stitched down now.
























I am using several of the fancy stitches on these blocks because this is a “fun” BOM.  This stitch is a loop-d-loop which I thought made the “frosting” look more “real.”











The scarf got a wavy stitch: attempting some movement.  I used the back side of the fabric for the lower part of the scarf and the right side for the upper part. I also used different shades of the teal thread.  I probably won’t be that “picky” by the time I have made more blocks.













 

 

 

 

 
I did nothing fancy on the face or the body as I will be doing them over and over and I do like consistency


.


So today I printed out the February blocks for the two BOMs I am doing. And tomorrow I will be drawing the outlines for the fusible and picking my fabrics.  However, before I do that I am going to watch The Quilt Show which is featuring Sharon Schamber.  She is supposed to be showing how she does applique without using fusible.  I figure that I can’t loose by learning something from a great like Sharon.  We’ll see how it goes.










I have also be working on some mug rugs for a swap. Here you can see the top and the backing.

















I was stay stitching around prior to quilting when the thread broke, three times.  I have decided it was the thread and I’m throwing it away.  Tomorrow will be another day to get these babies done.













I did want to share my new pincushion.  She was made by a lady in Pensacola, FL (don’t know her name) and I just couldn’t leave the store without her.  I don’t know where she is going to reside yet but I love seeing her as I come into the studio.





















And back in the house, this is Abby who wants to know if we really have to get up.  I get this look as I start moving around: it is a great way to start the day.  And it usually prolongs the getting up process.









 
Tomorrow I will be linking with Patchwork Times and What a Hoot Quilts.  Please visit each of them to see all of the creativeness going on out there.  Gari

11 comments:

loulee said...

Oooh! Inspiration, thank you. I might try out some different stitches on my appliqué project.

Lady Jane said...

I love the different stitchs on the fat cat gingerbread man. The pincushion made me smile, she is wonderful but she needs a name.

Libby in TN said...

Nice work, Gari. Especially love your use of the back of the fabric and fancy stitches. I'll keep those ideas in mind next time a have an applique project.

MartiDIY said...

Oh how I love your gingerbread man and all the stitches you did on it. And I agree, that pincushion is the greatest.

Ramona said...

Your Gingerbread man is adorable. I love his scarf!! And your pincushion... too cute. Lots of fun projects going on at your end of the street.

pollyanna said...

How fun are your stitches for your gingerbread man! Creative and clever.

Cathy said...

I really like the look of those decorative stitches on your ginger bread person. What a great idea!! A good one to remember. And that pin cushion....... fabulous!!

Dar said...

Your gingerbread man and his scarf look good. Your quilting looks really good on him. I love the shot of your puppy in bed. So cute.

Lucy said...

your mug rugs are so pretty, I love the red, white and blue heart.

Lynette said...

Aww - Abby is so adorable. I miss the way Koko slept under the covers with me, although my feet are never cold now with Navarre sleeping on them! Love how you're using the fancy stitches on the applique stitch-down. I need to try some of that!

Kate said...

Love the Gingerbread Man block, you used some fun little details.