Thursday, September 4, 2014

Knit One, Pearl One

IMG_3700Look, I have the whole back of my sweater done, I think.  I am knitting it in the studio and found that I had left the pattern in the house so I will be rereading it after I write this to be sure.  If so I will be binding it off tomorrow and casting on one of the front pieces.  They will go faster since they are just a little over half of the back.  I still can’t get over how thick this sweater is going to be: it will surely keep me warm in the winter.


















IMG_3701I also just finished the heel on my gray socks so I am starting up the ankle and will be finished with these soon,




















IMG_3699And I did go out and buy some bright sock yarn along with some more fall-like yarn.  I would have started a new pair of socks except that the battery in my scale died and I keep forgetting to get a new one but it is now on our “to do” list for tomorrow.  Then I will be weighing the balls and then split them by weight so I can start my next two toe up socks.
  






I also have two new washcloths which I knitted while I was waiting at the doctor’s office this week.  It was interesting that I was the only one there who brought something to do.


And now it is time to close this and get busy on a quilt back that has been yelling at me to finish.  So have a great weekend and I’ll see you Sunday.   Gari

4 comments:

straythreads said...

good for you for getting so far on the sweater and the socks both look super warm and love the yarns you found!!! have a great weekend

Ramona said...

Your yarns are wonderful! Can't wait to see what you create with those. Congrats! on getting the back of your sweater almost finished. Warm sweaters are a must for me in the winter!

Gail said...

I so love those bright, multi colored yarns, I am eager to see what you do with them.

Dar said...

Oooo, I love your new bright yarns for your next socks. I did finish my purple socks, so now it's time to try the toe up. Just have to decide which yarn to use. Your sweater looks very nice and I'm sure it's going to be warm and toasty.