Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Do I Need To Buy More Needles?

new projectWith my green socks completed I found that I wanted/needed to start another pair.  I think that I will always be knitting socks even as I wander into new knitting arenas    Anyway I am making gray socks this time.  There is a little color in there which I think will translate into a tweed-like fabric.  I think I will be able to start them tomorrow.





ever growingMy scarf is coming along.   I have been knitting on it for the last 30 minutes of my time in the studio.  I am not going very fast but of course we are not expecting winter to arrive any time soon.











down from the sleeve And I have added about 3” to this sweater.  It has been my studio knitting project but today I moved it into the house so maybe it will move along a little faster.












next sweaterAnd just to spur me on I am preparing for a new sweater project.  I have even sent for the yarn: this is a first.  I usually shop for yarn at the three yarn shops that are within 100 miles of home but I have trouble finding bulky yarn and/or colors I like.  So I have sent for a lavender heather bulky yarn.
And would you believe, I have even gotten some sewing and quilting done.

But now I’ve gotta go because I need to do my nightly knitting prior to bedtime.

I will be linking with On The Needles at Patchwork Times.   Gari

4 comments:

BarbCarol said...

Love your socks. Teaching myself to knit just one pair of socks is my goal for this winter. I am going to figure out those circular needles for sure.

Ramona said...

Your sweater is looking great! And the new pattern is lovely. I have not tried toe-up socks yet, but want to. Maybe once I finish the two pair I am knitting now.

Kate said...

You have lots of pretty yarn projects in the works. I really like that yarn you are using for your newest pair of socks.

Lynette said...

oooo!! I love Nothing Is All Black and White. :D That turned neat with the pops of color. And the quilting on the owls quilt is fun. Nice touch with the whoots on the plain blocks. Speaking of which - I've been hearing Great Horned Owls calling to each other in the night again this month. :) Maybe they'll have a baby and clear my yard of some of these pesky moles!!