Monday, August 5, 2013

Up and Running

chicken #3 close upThis is the proof that the HQ is working with me and we are once again quilting our Funky Chicken quilt. 












moving on to chicken #4So I have now completed 3 chickens and moved on to Chicken #4.

I love quilting the 9 patches as they feel like “resting”places between chickens.













Chicken #4 startedI did get the background done and just as I was ready to start on Chicken #4, DH came into the room and suggested that we take off to see Red 2.  Since we enjoyed Red, off we went: we had a good time, again.









6 rows sewnThis is an old picture of my Design Wall.  Now only the top two rows of the Weave quilt are still on the Wall.  I have all the other rows sewn together and this morning I will sew these last two on.  I have decided to not put any borders on.  I think once this is quilted it will make a great charity/comfort quilt.







Since Wednesday I have visited two more yarn shops.  This is getting a little bit expensive so I have decided that I can’t go yarn shopping again until I have made something else.  So much to do, so little time.  

Hope you all have a great week,  Gari

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love your chicken quilt.
A yarn hobby along with a quilting hobby can get expensive and you are so right ......so much to do and so little time.

Sue Daurio said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those chickens!! Can't wait to see more

Nann said...

Your chickens remind me of the poultry exhibit at the county fair! (Some really exotic varieties.) Stick to good habits this week!

Melinda said...

Your chickens look great - glad your HQ is playing nicely with you.

Heidi said...

Your quilting really ruffles his feathers. Too Cute.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love the funky chickens! Can't wait to see them finished. So much personality!

Kate said...

The chickens are clucking right along and look amazing!