Monday, July 29, 2013

Not Quilting in the South

001My Christmas Cactus is really enjoying it’s summer vacation on the deck.  And see, we are getting new “leaves?”   At first I thought it was blooming again but it is the new leaves that are coming out red but will turn green. 






Eric leavingAnd then I noticed that DH’s car could be seen between the branches as he left for the weekend.  I took several shots but because of all the trees in our yard, this was the best shot I got of him.







cataloging neededWith the house to myself for the weekend I started on projects that I had put off.  The first was to organized my pictures.  Usually I upload pictures when I am going to write a blog and the plan was to immediately put them in  separate folders.  But that seems to not happen and I had pictures from most of 2010, all of 2011 & 2012 and all of this year, too.  What a mess.  But after a lot of work, all of that mess is gone, except, of course, these pics.  Rolling on the floor laughing






almost doneI did do some knitting and am almost finished with my cowl.  I only have 1 1/2 rows to go.












Bad SadieHowever I was stopped by this.  Can you see the problem?  It seems the safe place I put my knitting wasn’t so safe after all.










messed up yarnAnd Sadie just couldn’t resist investigating, while I was gone.  I don’t have another pair of needles and the yarn store isn’t open until Tuesday but I will have a lot to do just getting that yarn back in shape.


As you can see there has been no quilting.  I spent quite a lot of time working on my HQ but nothing I did made the tension better.  The top thread tensioner seems to be seizing up, the thread sticks and then breaks the bobbin thread.  I will be calling HQ help today or tomorrow.

For some reason I couldn’t make myself sew or prepare anything this weekend.  It was as if, if I couldn’t quilt it there was no reason to make it.  However, I know that is silly so I will get back to sewing/quilting soon.

And, since I can’t quilt or knit, I think I will read.  DH brought home a new book for me:  The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling).  So it is going to be a good week for me, how about you?

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The new 'leaves' on my cactus plants are red too on the plants that will bloom red. On the other plants that bloom in other colors the 'leaves' are green. It has been interesting watching them this summer.

Kate said...

Keeping photos organized is definitely an ongoing chore, looks like you've got yours more or less tamed now.

I've go the Cuckoo's Calling on my Nook, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It got really good reviews, so I'm really looking forward to getting into it.

Judy D in WA said...

Love the Christmas cactus! I need to work on my pictures too but... Dogs and knitting needles, not a good mix.
Sorry about the tension issues. One time I just couldn't get my machine timed. Nothing worked. I called a local longarm gal and she finished the quilt for me. She started having problems too. It was the thread. It was wrapped so tight on the spool, it wouldn't free flow and would stretch tight and snap. On both of our machines, it was at the tension dial.
Check your thread. Hope this helps. :)
Good luck with it.

Melinda said...

Looks like you will have a busy week. I have most of my photos organized but probably will never organize the rest. Oh well!

Podunk Pretties said...

Organize the photos?!...LOL Another day maybe, cause its gonna take a week. Love the Cactus!

kwiltnkats said...

Once you sit at a computer it is usually hours later when you get up. Sounds like your time was much longer with all that organizing. I really like the yarn colors you are using. I trust by now you've replaced the needles. Darn but don't we love our pets no matter what! Sandi

Jessica said...

You want to organize my photos when you come to visit?????? Please?