Thursday, May 16, 2013

Opps

I seem to have gotten lost on my way to the studio.  I wasn’t in there for 5 days.  Some of my time was spent either on the hammock or the deck swing, reading.  Other parts were spent on the road with DH.  He had to drive 80 miles to buy a Nook HD one day and another 35 miles the next day to get a Mellow Mushroom pizza.  It’s funny but it is really hard to sew anything when you are on the road a lot.

I thought all the driving was over when this happened.

Here we go again

He had taken my car in for an oil change and came home with a new car for himself.  And, of course, we immediately had to take it for a spin, 50 miles for a taco pizza.










However, I finally made it into the studio today.





001

And this is what I accomplished.
















002

It was lots of fun doing different quilting on different parts of the owl and background.














003
And I used 5 different threads.  The funnest part of this little quilt is how much he looks like me, well his eyes do.









Me May 2013
See those eyes?  They are my mother’s eyes and I have always called them “tired eyes” because they seem half closed.  I remember when my eyes opened wide but now it is just not happening.  And it is even worse when I am tired.  So now you can see why I was so excited when Denise previewed this owl.



Tomorrow I will work on getting him bound and up on the bedroom door.  Whoopee!!  Another finish for May.

3 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Hi Geri!! Haven't stopped by for a while, but OMG!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the baby on the top, and the owl is way too cute! New car?!?! WOW!! That man sure does know how to shake things up!! AND the "selfie" (new word, meaning self photo) is fantastic!! Great to see your smiling face!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Great baby picture! and your owl's expression is great!
best, nadia

Anonymous said...

Your Owl turned out really cute! Love all the quilting.