Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Other Stuff

Fish 1 & 2How much fun it is to, once again, be able to work on more than one thing at a time.  I finished my FatCatPatterns.com second fish.  I am also enjoying figuring out which square of the background fabric to use: the colors are so different from square to square. 
















Feb 2013 TeapotI also completed the February teapot from Rhonda.  If you have seen my feathered star table topper, you will see that I am using some leftovers for this pot.  As I look at it I am thinking that I may applique it with two different threads: I have used only one on the others.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.







Return of the DragonAnd part of the reason for waiting is The Return of the Dragon.  Monday afternoon I pulled him out and began machine appliqueing him down.  I had originally planned, and begun, hand appliqueing him but the batiks are so tight that my hands would give out after three spikes.  Now, it is not easy to machine applique a whole cloth piece, either, but I am more likely to get it done this way.





ZigZag-bright verigated threadI am zigzagging with a bright variegated thread so the stitching will have different colors on the different spikes.  I think overall it is going to look really good.  But don’t hold your breath until it is done: it is really a come and go project.








Mommy's little helperYesterday was also the “finish up the laundry” day.  So as I was putting a new load in the washer, Ms. Murphy decided to investigate the dryer.  At first all I could see was her tail but by the time I got my phone out of my pocket she had turned around.











not coming outThen it was time for her to come out: she refused.  And when I reached for her, she moved to the back.  So I started throwing wet clothes in around her.  It took 5 handfuls of wet clothes before she decided there wasn’t enough room in there for the clothes and her and jumped out.




See, I may live in the middle of nowhere, not have a job, and not get much done in any given day, but my life is just one adventure after another.

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the fabric you chose form your new fishy and your kitty is tooo much. How cute is that.

Bunny said...

Love the fish are you machine stitching them or hand appliqué? Where did you get the Teapot pattern it is so cute. Your kitty is too funny.
Hugs Bunny

Kate said...

The fish are so fun! Ms. Murphy must have been cold? A warm dryer would have been quite attractive!

Jill said...

Your fish are adorable! I love the dark background with the brightly colored dragon. Can't wait to see a photo of that whole quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

So great to see the dragon has emerged for some progress!