Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Design Wall Monday

DW 10-22-12
This has been such a fun week.  My work plan has been to do a little work on each project every day.













Cristmas Quilting
The first of the projects is Christmas Quilt #1.  It is on the frame and I have been quilting one pass a day.  It is an edge to edge panto.









embroidery quilting
I am quilting through the embroidery.  They were done by 12  different people but I don’t think any of them will complain. 






As you can see on the wall, I completed my Carol Doak BOM block for October and the applique on two funky chickens. 


applique done
And in between all of these other projects I worked on frogs.

I drew, light fused, cut, fused and then appliqued most of them. 




stitching
As you can see I did the legs with a blanket stitch and satin stitch for the bodies.  Usually I don’t like the satin stitch but I do like using two different stitches for variety.


I still have 4 frog bodies to applique and all of the eyes.  Then I will be embroidering their mouths and the fold in the legs.  I forgot to take pictures of all 6 insect embroideries that will be the sashing cornerstones. 


After all this work DH and I took Sunday off for taco pizza.  Then a swing through Staples ($$), a visit to Publics for groceries (no tax in FL) and then to Chill for yogurt.



yogurt and fruit
What you can’t see in this picture is the Decadent Dark Chocolate yogurt topped by the Cheesecake yogurt, topped by strawberries and blueberries.  Oh, my, this was good and low in points, too.

Today will be mostly housework (except one pass on the frame) but then it will be studio all the way.  I have to get a lot done because pretty soon it was the beginning of November and then I will have 3 new BOM blocks to make.  Who me?

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

LOVE the frogs!!! You make me want to run in and start on my chickens.....so far just collecting the patterns.
Housework on my agenda today too. Ugh! Would rather sew!

Pattilou said...

It's always so much fun to check in on you and see what you are doing. Those frogs are adorable.

Michelle said...

Love the frogs and chickens!

Kate said...

Very cute frogs! You seem to have a system going to get things done. It always seems more productive to work on more than one thing at a time.

Cherie in St Louis said...

It's funny - your frogs looked to me like green footprints in the thumbnail picture on the DWM link up. They are just darling and, gosh, your chickens are fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Fun stuff happening at your house. The Christmas panto looks wonderful. And, the frogs. Cute as can be. I'll be interested to see the bugs with the frogs.

Margaret said...

love the frogs really cute

Barb in Mi said...

Cute frogs! And you are working on a xmas project - happy sewing (after the house work)...