Thursday, June 14, 2012

Color Challenge in the Works

8000 member block
Today I am showing a partial finish.  This is the 8000 member block (Carol Doak’s yahoo list) I blogged about on Monday.  I am so happy with how this block turned out and hope to work tomorrow on the table topper it will become.







004


I also wanted to share the last two boot blocks.  I plan to finish the applique tomorrow.












Proposed setting 6-14-12
This is my current plan for the boots.  The center medallion is planned to be a wagon wheel.  However I am also looking at another possibility.  That will be a job for another day.





Last Saturday and Sunday we had RAIN.  We got 10+” and lots of wind.  And we also had rain in the house, a first for us.  I walked into the kitchen to find water all over the floor.  On closer inspection I found the top of the stove covered with  water and some dripping from the microwave above it.  Inspecting further I found that the microwave was flooded and there was a waterfall coming down the venting to the roof.  We filled the microwave with towels and rotated them through the dryer for 2 days.   Tomorrow we have someone coming to fix the problem.  Again, we have never had to have anyone work on our roof, or anything on it, so we are holding our breath that it doesn’t cost a whole bunch of money to keep the rain out of the house. 

Anyway, while the guy is up on the roof, I will be in the studio sewing. 

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You got a lot more rain than we did here in Georgia. Good luck with the roof fixing.