Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bloggers’ Quilt Festival

Spring Garden

Each year I find out about the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival right after it is too late to enter a quilt.  This year, however, I am in time.

The quilt above is called Spring Garden.  It was a BOM through my lqs in 2005 and custom quilted in 2008, after I stopped being afraid of my HQ16.

Spring Garden back

I have never been good about using the settings that are recommended so I began designing something different.  The four center blocks wound up there because they were “slightly” smaller than the 12” they were supposed to be but fit together perfectly.

Then the border around them was planned to make them fit into the rest of the blocks.  I made the checkerboard blocks so that the BOM blocks would stand out more.

This quilt has stayed with me and currently it is adorning my wicker chest-of-drawers in the bedroom.

back of chifarobe

Thanks for visiting.  To see more creativity, please visit the rest of the Festival

5 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Really lovely quilt - beautiful work.

Mom said...

great quilt!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

Great quilt - glad you got over being afraid of your longarm.

straythreads said...

beautiful quilt
Ann

Angie in SoCal said...

I'm late in getting to all the quilts, but yours caught my eye. A wonderful quilt and lovely quilting. Thanks for sharing!