Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WOW

There has been no sewing here since last Wednesday when I quickly got my Underground Railroad blocks completed for the LQS’s BOM meeting on Saturday.  Since then I have been mostly in bed (see this post), getting up finally yesterday and today trying to get back in my groove.

Without a sewing/quilting entry, I thought I would show my new acquisition:  Cradle with doll

You can only see part of the antique cradle but if you want to see the whole thing go to this post.  It is cast iron and VERY heavy.  The mattress is original stuffed with horsehair but I now have it covered with a quilt (of course).  And yesterday added a doll I just love.  I am not a doll collector but when I saw her I just had to have her: she makes me smile.

doll

She has been in my bedroom for several years as I love to see her when I first wake up.  She reminds me to smile first thing in the morning.  However, she is now in the family room, right in front of my chair.  Now I see her while I am doing my morning devotional.  If I were doing Peaceful Pathways as a doll quilt it would be for her to sit on in this cradle.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

9 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

She is fabulous and perfect for the cradle!
Hope you get some sewing time soon.

Bunny said...

She is adorable and looks always happy. Hope you feel better. Vertigo is not fun.

Esther Aliu said...

This is such a picture! What a beautiful doll. I must say, I'm rather interested in the cradle too. It really evokes a feel for the past. What an interesting piece.

Wilma Lee said...

Pretty setting for your new doll!!!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the cradle and doll. Both are precious. I sure hope you feel better fast.

Glenda said...

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather not a pleasant thing to cope with, you had better put your darling wee doll back in your bedroom she needs to be there. You have a wonderful find in your cradle. Keep well Cheers Glenda

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you are feeling back to yourself in time to enjoy the weekend.

Jan said...

Love the doll---she really makes you smile! Hope you are feeling better!

Michelle said...

I just love the expression on her face -- she's gorgeous!