Monday, June 6, 2011

No Design Wall Monday 6/6/11

Because I spent most of the weekend sewing on this batik quilt top (along with a couple of surprise things that can't be shown, yet), there is nothing on my design wall. Now, that beats having that feathered star partial top up there for weeks on end, doesn't it?

Anyway, this top is done and here you see it on the frame, ready to quilt. I did have to spend some time piecing the backing and then forgot to get a picture of it so you will have to wait until it comes off the frame.



Here are two pictures of the quilting: the one above of the top and the one below of the quilting from the back. I especially like that one because you can see the top through the batting as it is hanging down.


Since I took those pictures I have quilted about 2/3 of the quilt so I should have rest done tomorrow morning. I have the binding strips cut but not sewn together so that will be my next sewing task. I do, however, already have the label done and ready to sew on with the binding.

I was going to show the label for the Eleanor Burns Egg Money Quilt that I finally gifted to my DS#2 and his wife for their 25th anniversary. However, my laptop, with those pictures, has been infected with a "worm" and is at the computer doctors for a wormectomy. I did ask that if they had to clean out the whole disk that they save my pictures, my quilt patterns, and my machine embroidery designs. She asked if there were any documents I needed but I told her that all my interests were in those three libraries and that would be sufficient. I hope to hear something this week.

Now I realize that this is not a very informative post but you must remember that I was alone for 4 days, doing a lot of sewing, some cooking, some cleaning, and one day not feeling too well. None of this is very interesting, not even while I was doing it. Of course, nothing much interesting goes on here even when I am not alone but it sounded like as good as an excuse as I could think of. So, for some more interesting blog posts, hop on over to Judy's blog and see what is going on in other parts of the quilting world.

15 comments:

Mary said...

My computer recently had to go the the computer experts for a fix as well. Good luck on getting yours back quickly. Is your quilting free motion or a pantograph?

Quilter Kathy said...

I sure hope your computer is OK and that a "wormectomy" is not too costly!

Bonnie said...

The quilting looks great. I've got a couple of alone days coming up so hopefully will get a lot of sewing done. Fingers are crossed for good computer outcome.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt is beautiful and so is your quilting! I hope that your computer is feeling better soon.

Kathie said...

Batik's are my favorite.

Judy D in WA said...

I always say how much I love my dull, boring life. :) I think having "nothing much interesting" going on is fabulous.

Love the quilting you are doing! Hope the computer heals quickly and all of your important things are safe.

Marti said...

My computer has had the wormectomy also. The hardest part is being without it so long. You've gotten a lot done in your time alone, I really like the batik top. Sorry you were sick though.

Vicki H. said...

Lovely quilting! I have a love/hate relationship with my computer and the whole virus thing makes me so angry!!

Kari Nitzel said...

I love the quilting pattern. This quilt is going to be fabulous! You did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt, It really has a 'wow' factor! Looks awesome!

kwiltnkats said...

Gari, the batik quilt is real nice. Sorry to hear about your computer; I wish the best at saving your pictures. Can't wait to see what you can't show us yet! Sandi

McIrish Annie said...

Sounds like you got lots done! I like the quilting on this.

Kate said...

Very cool quilting pattern. Sounds like you've gotten a lot done.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful! Love the leaves in the quilting!

Jan said...

Your quilt is so pretty!Hope your computer does well at the doctors!!