Monday, December 20, 2010

Last Design Wall Before Christmas

Flannel Flame

This is what is on my design wall today.  All of the blocks are made: none of the blocks are sewn together.  And this is where it will be left until after Christmas.  I wanted to get at least the center together but between getting ready for our trip to MD, last minute Christmas shopping, and other family stuff, this is as far as I got.

006

I really like these colors and am looking forward to when I can warm myself under them. 

After I got the blocks on the wall I drew the embroidery lines on my Snowbound blocks and then packed them with the floss and needles so I will have some handwork for our Christmas trip.

This afternoon I will be out in our front yard (1.5 acres) cutting down pine trees.  They grow like weeds and are coming way too close to the house.  So, while they are still young, and won’t fall into the house, I am getting rid of them.

Then it will be time to pack and get ready to hit the road for “snow” country, MD.  We will be taking the puppies so it should be an eventful trip even before we begin our visit with DS#3 & DDIL.  I am getting so excited.

But before we get started on anything else, be sure you stop by Patchwork Times to see what other quilters are working on.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

The warm colors are nice!! The quilt is beautiful and large like I like them! Have a great time in MD!

Wilma Lee said...

Love the colors. I need to make a log cabin for myself.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a fun trip! I like the quilt.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Melinda said...

Have a wonderful trip and be sure to show us the snowbound blocks when you come home. Merry Christmas!

Quilter Kathy said...

You whipped up those blocks so fast! They look great on the design wall!
Have a wonderful trip!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What a great illusion it creates. I love it.
glen

Chris said...

Wow! You really have been working hard. Have a great trip :)

Kate said...

The quilt is beautiful. Love the warm colors.

Have a great trip. Happy Holidays!

Judy D in WA said...

Your blocks look so warm and toasty. You got them done fast. Have a wonderful trip!

Unknown said...

Great colors - love the log cabins.It will be a great quilt to curl up under!

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty. I think that making a quilt for me is so much fun. What a great gift to your self!

Gretchen said...

A warm and yummy quilt!! It reminds me of cinnamon toast. Safe travels and have a fabulous Christmas!!!

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful! It will be waiting for you once you get back. Enjoy your trip and merry christmas!

Teaquilts said...

Love the design created by the log cabin blocks. Enjoy your trip with family and have a safe journey. Merry Christmas!