Monday, July 12, 2010

Do’s, Don’ts, and Maybe’s

I finally got backings done for two quilt tops. And I got one loaded.


Can you see what is wrong with this picture? No, not the wrinkles in the backing, those will come out when I roll it back and forth.

Somehow, probably because I was so excited to be finally getting something done and on the frame, I forgot to put the backing on right, under the second bar.





Here is the quilt, backing/batting/top, on correctly. Can you see the difference? It is amazing how much of a difference that one bar makes.








I didn’t do any quilting after I got it on the frame, saving it for today. I did work on valance restructuring a too large t-shirt (didn’t want to give it away) and put these blocks back up on the design wall.

They are the leftovers from a BOM (2005, I think). I used 7 of them for the valance in my bedroom and these three have been languishing on the UFO shelf for, oh my, 5 years. I have only been quilting for 10 years. Anyway, the fabric in front of the wall is what I plan to use to complete a lap quilt. The blocks are 15” and I think I may have to do pieced sashing and maybe even a border to match. One of my “jobs” for today is to play with EQ7 to see if I can come up with something I like.

See, I always have big plans for my days…….not so good on the follow through.

6 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

HAHAHA!!!!!! I noticed it right away!! I do it all of the time! WHY?!?! do we do it?? We KNOW better, yet it keeps happening!! DUH!!

LOVE the blocks!!

Judy D in WA said...

I'm only laughing with you! My kids call those dorkasourus moments. I have alot of those. :) You were just too excited. I love the quilt blocks, I'm sure you'll come up with something exciting in EQ7.

Diane said...

I've done it too....really makes me upset on a big quilt-- all that pinning but so glad too know I'm not the only one with the "dorkasaurus" gene :)

Trish said...

I do that all the time. It takes me a few minutes to realize something is wrong too... then I just rip out the bar and thread it though the front of the already loaded backing. Thanks for sharing, made me smile!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Quilt blocks from 5 years ago? Oh no...I have those too! A quilt for my best friend. Thank goodness she's not like me and redecorates. Maybe I can get it done for Christmas.
Yeah...the follow through thing. hee,hee,hee.

Jennifer said...

I do it too! Nice to know we're all in good company! At least after the second time I did it, I remembered that I could just un-velcro my leaders and re-velcro them instead of unpinning and repinning!