Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September is over


There has been NO sewing/quilting here since Monday. So I walked around my yard (5 acres) to see what was going on in the Fall. As I stepped out I saw the sky.


It didn’t even look real.










I came upon wild Morning Glorys growing at the side of the driveway.

I wanted to get pics of them closed at the end of the day but keep forgetting to go out at that time.



I also got some pictures of one of the older trees here.








Look at the character. We are so lucky. We have these older oak trees all around the perimeter of our property, kind of like a very large fence.


I have been involved in routine household tasks and getting ready for my first WW class. Tuesday I was on the road : I drove DH to one of the campus’ where he is teaching and then I went to the local WW office to get all of my materials and learn, kind of, what all I need to do each week. After that I went to the Babylock dealer to get my machine back from being repaired. However, today I didn’t have any time to even check it out. This morning was taken up with finishing the laundry and reading all the WW material in preparation for my first class this afternoon. And, how did that go?, you ask. Well, it went great! The ladies in the class were responsive and after only one week, everyone had lost weight. I got a little nervous while weighing everyone: afraid I might write the wrong weight or weight loss, but we all got through it and the time went really fast. I have to say I drove home smiling all the way. But tomorrow, after I finish the WW paperwork, I will be in the studio and may not come out for a couple of days. One cannot go too long without a little sewing therapy.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Love the photos.
Congratulations on surviving your WW meeting. I'm sure it will get easier as you go along

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Pat said...

I'm glad to hear the WW class is going well...keep up the good work as you can make a big difference in the lives of those people.

Quiltdivajulie said...

We've had those marvelous blue skies here, too ~ thankfully MIL's hospital room has 3 large windows so we can see outside (I wish my desk at work was near a window ... or maybe it's better that it isn't ...)

And I love old trees, too ~ you picked the perfect word for them ~'character'

QuiltedSimple said...

Lucky you to have had blue skies - we've had rain for over a week! Glad the WW class is going well
Kris

Browndirtcottage said...

aaaahhh..I feel refreshed after this walk you and I have taken...I'm jealous of your big ole trees.
Glad your new WW venture is putting a spring in your step...and sewing room time will have you leaping and bounding!!!