Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Midweek


Sunday I quilted South Seas and Monday I sewed the binding on. This has been one of the easiest quilts I have ever done.









Last night I took South Seas and Alabama Escargot to guild to show off. I love showing my quilts but the guild has so many excellent quilters that I usually feel a little intimidated and “less than” when I am showing mine.
The guild had a challenge this year and yesterday was the judging. Only 9 members participated and, no, I did not win. But this was my entry.






The challenge rules: no more than 30 x 30, two required fabrics (ucky green at the bottom and a butterfly print – see seaweed), plus up to four fabrics of your choice. I had this fish fabric and the ucky green reminded me of the pool when it begins to grow algae so it was a no brainer. LOL I did the “birthing” technique rather than a binding and quilted it with metallic thread, not an easy task. I still need to make a label for this and South Seas but am already moving on to new adventures.

This week I am concentrating on catching up on all my BOMs and then I will concentrate on two gift quilts and possibly working on another UFO. I did start cutting out a charity quilt yesterday but it is a D9P so should not take too long to complete and then I will have something on the frame: I love the quilting process.

Oh, I forgot to show the pictures of the guest we had on Sunday.
She didn’t seem to be concerned with the multi-dog barking that was going on inside the house and came within 10 feet of the back of the house. I have to say that I didn’t see her as I was in the studio, quilting, but DH and the dogs did and fortunately the camera was in the house with them.
















Well, it is time, again, to get off the computer and get to work. Have a great and productive rest of the week, I will!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love the quilts, especially the South Seas but you know that already. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx