Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yesterday was tax day. I had the returns done Tuesday and put them out for DH to read over and make comments. He shuffled the papers, did not look at them, and left them on the table. So Wednesday morning I sat him down to sign them and then took them to the post office. Both the stress of doing the taxes (and writing the check) and the irritation of being alone in the enterprise was too much to be productive,
so I jumped in my car and headed for the beach (90 miles away). The beach (sand, surf, sun, etc) along with some food and a good book has always had the most calming influence on me. And yesterday was the perfect beach day.


After about 2 hours of this I did do a little shopping. I looked at a couple of telephoto lenses for my new camera, didn’t buy one yet, and then picked up spaghetti for dinner from one of our favorite places.

No quilting – I didn’t even open up the studio- but still a very satisfying day.

4 comments:

Lurline said...

Smart Girl! I like the way you deal with stress!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

Your pictures make me want to jump in the car and go to the beach, too! I would have to drive alot further, but it still seems like a great idea. I have always loved the serenity of the ocean! What a great way to relax!

Leanne said...

I am glad I don't live far from the beach the jetty in the bottom picture is very interesting.

QuiltedSimple said...

I HATE tax day - and I would so love to live near a beach...