Friday, April 24, 2009

On the road, again



A little quilting was done here on Thursday. I quilted some of the sashing and this block:

Lots of ruler work and some not so straight lines. With only one more petal to do, I have decided it looks pretty good and will look even better when it is washed and dried. LOL





I crawled under the frame again and can see the flowers and leaves I am stitching in the sashing. So far I am still pleased but with 8 more blocks, sashing and the borders to go, I may be at this for a couple of months. LOL, again.




Today DH and I met up with DS#3 to pick up our granddog, Ponce.


We drove 150 miles to get him and then, of course, 150 miles home. He will be here for a month and since he has been here before, he settled right in.


Abby, however, is uncertain about how excited she should be. She is acting just like our older dogs did when she arrived. She is stand-offish and watches every move Ponce makes. I don’t think she has ever seen such a big dog. But since both dogs love to play, I am sure they will be fast friends in no time. They are getting closer and closer to each other all the time.

Tomorrow I will quilt in the morning and go to Skylar’s birthday party in the afternoon. What a mad social whirl I am living in. LOL, yet again.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a goof!

Finn said...

Hi Gari, thank you for stopping by at Pieces from my scrapbag. Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here and become a follower.
It sure looks like you are having lots of fun with your quilts and with granddogs *VBS* What a big fellow he is, and what a sweet little lady your Dachie is. You mentioned that I must have been quilting a long time to have so many beguns, yes....a very, very long time. All the way back to the 1970's, altho as we added children to the family, more time was devoted to sewing for them and gardening etc. The quilt making became a serious passion in the early 1980's, and I can say that I've finished and given away 2 or 3 times the number i still have waiting for finishing. I used to finish in the neighborhood of 50+ a year. Luckily that has backed off to about 15-25 instead...LOL. There have been some serious hurdles with my eyesight and some depression resulting from life changes, marriage, etc. I've hit the "doldrums" pretty hard at time and have been unable to find any enthusium to piece or quilt. My goal is to end this year with NO UFOs in the boxes and bins...wish me luck!! Hugs, Finn