Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just popping in to share my husband’s birthday gift for his sister. On Dec 18th I wrote about the fact that she and her husband had been without electricity/heat for one week (NH). That lasted for three weeks, I think, and to top it off, they were both sick. The only bright spot was that they had just had a room added to their little house and it included a wood burning fireplace/stove. So, when last month, we were antiquing and found this:


It just seemed the perfect gift. We got to have it on display here for a month, laughing at them almost daily, and then just sat here and grinned until we heard it arrived. Sometimes the perfect thing just happens.


I am on my own for the weekend. Our youngest son directed a community theater play, “The Mirical Worker,” and wanted his father, a drama director, to be sure and see it. I decided I couldn’t go due to our non-housebroken puppy, so this morning he left me here alone.

Here are two of the dogs showing you what I looked like as he pulled out of the driveway. Funny thing is that it is all right for me to do, I don’t mind that at all, but I really hate it when he goes without me. So far I have worked on the taxes (never a good thing) and mowed the lawn. Now I need to get some sewing done before the next round of rain hits tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lurline said...

Love the birthday gift - what cute characters! No, can't leave the little puppies alone - enjoy your own company!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jana said...

The birhtday gift is hilarious! Too funny!