Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today I started embroidering again but only got two squares done: 10 to go. And this time I have a corrected design to work with.



However, I couldn't stick with it so I decided to do my February BOM from Sandi of Legacy of Stitches. The directions call for two shades of red for this heart block. I, however, am still thinking about putting these appliques on the Calendar Challenge strips. So, my heart is yellow.


And, after looking in my fat quarter drawers, I found this flower print that I thought made a perfect center. Again, I am not stitching them down until the end of the year. I still have no idea how I will finish the Challenge quilt so I don't know how or where to place them.






While looking for the fabrics for the above heart I came across this panel. I remember buying it several years ago but never came up with a plan for it. So today it moved into the charity quilt category. It is about 36 x 44 so will make a great child's quilt.



My next challenge is how to quilt it. I have been watching several technique videos online and took some time to practice on the white board.









The top section will be quilted on the sky, the waves on the water and the "clam shells" for the bottom of the sea. Since this is not a pieced quilt I will be able to put it on the frame tomorrow and possibly get it done this week. Of course I will be quilting in between other quilting experiences. For some reason I can never just focus on one project at a time.



4 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE the way you intend to quilt that sea life quilt. Some child will be very lucky to get that and will surely love it a lot.

pollyanna said...

Once again you have been busy while I have been a slug-a-bug! Beautiful fabrics. And I love the way you are going to quilt that panel! Happy Valentine's Day :)

Lurline said...

Love the heart and your 'little faces' fabric!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love the yellow heart! It looks so "springy" and what a fun idea to put these appliques on your calendar quilt. And because I know what they all are, I can tell you that they will all look great on your quilt. In fact, I can hardly wait to see what it will look like when you get it done!! I am humbled that you like my designs. Too cool!