Monday, February 2, 2009

A Bit of This and a Bit of That




My name is Abby. I am the newest member of my household. I have either been named after Abagail Adams or Abby, a character on Momma's favorite TV show, NCIS. The white you see hanging from my mouth is what is left of Daddy's TV Guide: yes I am a lot of fun to have around.





Gari, here. My day was mostly spent in the studio. I worked on the B and W challenge, repeating the same mistake twice. I finally fixed the mistakes but then put this aside until a better day. I did put in some time cutting strips for some future project and that got some scraps out of the scrap bin and out of the fat quarter drawers.


These two pictures are of future projects. I want to make a couple of computer bags so I put together some fabric for these projects. I don't have a pattern so I will probably spend some time figureing out what to do, then quilt the fabric and then make the bags. I thought having two would allow me some variety.


While I was sewing on the B and W, I also embroidered these slacks. They are the ones I wear to Weight Watchers (very light) but I decided I needed something that looked like spring. I have never had embroidered pants so this is something new for me.



And at WW I am 1# from goal. You would think they would just be so happy for me they would forgive that one little pound, wouldn't you? Oh, well, it will probably take me 4 weeks to get past that one.